Saturday, November 12, 2011

Picture Heavy Fashion

Good Morning, Boy have I just found a ton of pictures on my laptop that I so want to share. I promised a few costume designs for this post so here are two so far, I'm still scanning the rest.  Below is a wedding dress that I drew for a fifties version of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

This one is a mixed media homework assignment where I chose Liza from "Pygmalion" to do a design based on her character throughout the play. It was fun using leaves and flower petals to create a unique look, that had so much texture than the usual watercolors that I play around with.
 This next bunch is from a fashion show I styled and directed in high school. The top three are my friend Deb's dress that she designed and made. She is a super amazing seamstress! It turned out to be such a lovely dress. Then came Brittany who was our power house designer. She designed and sewed 10 pieces for this show and modeled most of them herself. She was a freshman and so amazingly talented at re-working pieces to make them into something amazingly chic and fashion forward.











Below is a logo for fashion club that year, which put on the fashion show.I was president that year, and learned so much about delegation, trust and learning to rely on oneself for certain aspects of planning.  Was a great opportunity and I had so much fun doing it.
Well ciao for now I'll be back in a couple days. Hope your staying fabulous and fierce.

Jlivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful...