Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lanvin and more




So for years some of my favorite advertisements have been Lanvin. The sheer punch that they have when you flip that magazine page is so dramatic. It captures me...it's art. The photography and the pieces are so astounding. The colors the lines, and everything else in between. Astounding.

I did a bit of fun water coloring to bring in my favorites from the last couple of years. Changing some colors and such but still trying to get that graphic shaped feel that even the softer fabrics still give. This sits on my desk and makes me smile, and inspires me to practice my water color some more.


Oh my friend did some really cool newspaper nails the other day, here are a few photos. Sorry for the lame cell phone pictures, the camera should be up and running soon so those will improve dramatically.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of these branches sprouting out of this thick tree trunk. Nature fascinates me on a science level and I just think of the struggle of that branch to make it to the sun light and to see it flourish so quickly is amazing. It's by some bike rack near my costuming class, and I always check on it's progress.
Next time I'll post some of the costume design I've been doing!!

Oh and who isn't in love with the new shoes from D&G, I mean how amazing are these. I would so totally rock these with some black skinny jeans and a great graphic print top and white lace blazer! Plus all the word pieces they showcased at fashion week. I'm in love. Words are definitely one of my favorite things on clothing because you get the unconscious reaction to the image and then the deeper thought process of the wording. Wonderful!


Pictures courtesy of google and my cellphone



Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful...